Ninth station
The Risen Christ meets his disciples by the Sea of Tiberias 


C. We adore you, Jesus risen, and we bless you.
T.  For with your Easter you have given life to the world.

1L.  From the Gospel according to John
After this, Jesus appeared once more to his disciples at Lake Tiberias.  This is how it happened.  Simon Peter, Thomas (called the twin), Nathanael (the one from Cana in Galilee), the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples of Jesus were all together.  Simon Peter said to the others, "I am going fishing."  "We will come with you," they told him.  So they went out in a boat, but all that night they did not catch a thing.  As the sun was rising, Jesus stood at the water's edge, but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.  Then he asked them, "Young men, haven't you caught anything?"  "Not a thing," they answered.  He said to them, "Throw your net out on the right side of the boat, and you will catch some."  So they threw the net out and could not pull it back in, because they had caught so many fish.  The disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!"  When Peter heard that it was the Lord, he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken his clothes off) and jumped into the water.  When they stepped ashore, they saw a charcoal fire there with fish on it and some bread.    So Jesus went over, took the bread, and gave it to them; he did the same with the fish (21,1-9, 13).

2L.  A multiplication, a sharing
The Risen does not aim at the temple of the holy city, but at the daily crossroads:  houses, inns, streets, lake.  He places himself in the folds of the dramas and hopes of men and brings a breath of youth multiplying the goods, especially when it seems as though human hopes are at end.  And the fish overflow; and the banquet can be prepared. The bread and the fish are so familiar in the hands of  the Risen.  Both elements will be symbols of him, bread of life, meaning the essential to man; said ictùs (fish) by the first Christians, a term that includes his titles:  Jesus Christ Son of God the Savior.
Only the young of age and young of spirit are able to learn here, near the lake, the new law of life:  only dividing can you multiply.  To multiply goods one must know how to share them.  To really capitalize one must fully solidarize.  This is the economic anti-materialism. 
The world travels at two speeds:  20% of humanity GODE of 80% of the resources of the earth and 80% of humanity has only the remaining 20%.
When I am hungry it is a personal problem, when my neighbor is hungry it is a moral problem.  Christ is hungry in more than half the human race.  "Every day Jesus becomes bread, every day Jesus becomes hunger" (Mother Teresa).
We are old when the old logic of overdoing keeps working, those that do not produce enough  "use and throw away" men.  It is the North of the world's hunger for money that induces hunger in the South. The poor are those who do not have, do not know and who is not.  Sharing the fate and the hopes of the miserable of the earth means to have passion for a united and fair world.  The act of volunteering is a silent revolution today.  Good deeds do not make noise.  Just like noise doesn't make good deeds.  To believe in Christ is to become able to allow those who are still in the tomb rise.  Resurrection is freeing from oppression:  the Risen awaits us at the test.

T.  Rejoice, Virgin Mother:  Christ has risen.  Hallelujah!

C. Let us pray.  Jesus risen, render us docile to regain hope, after our failures.  You, the Risen, sit at supper with us.  During the Easter days of your stay with us you didn't show yourself the victorious God through radiance and with thunder, but the simple God of the ordinary, that celebrates Easter on the bank of a lake.  Make us witnesses of your Easter, in the every day, with its monotony, where you have always awaited us, on the shores of our trials.  You sit at our suppers of satiated but empty men.  You sit at the suppers of the poor men that still have hope.  And the world you love will, modeled around your Easter.